Monday, October 11, 2010

Never Know a Good Thing 'til it's Gone

I like Provo. I like BYU. I like living on my own and meeting new friends. I like the fun social life that exists here. I like my ward. I like working with my sister. I like learning new things. I like my independence. I like my calling. I like my roommates. I like my FHE brothers. I like the quote wall in our apartment. I like laughing really hard with Amanda, Ariel, Bridget, Catherine and Kate. I like our neighbors. I like pulling pranks on people. I like the library. I like campus. I like BYU. I like Provo.

But I miss my family. I miss my home in Salt Lake. I miss my MOM's ability to make everything in our home look good. I miss my DAD's humor. I miss making fun of him with Caroline at the dinner table. I miss quoting Brian Regan while SPENCER laughed so hard. I miss practicing piano duets with REBECCA. I miss being able to walk across the hall to talk with CAROLINE. I miss bothering Caroline.

I know they aren't very far but it's the everyday things that I miss. Things that I never really realized were so great.

Dad, Me, Caroline, Rebecca, Mom.
Spencer was on his mission.


Dad


Slot canyons with Mom




Me, Mom, Caroline, Spencer, Annie, Rebecca, Wes
Yosemite National Park

Caroline, Rebecca, me.


Dad and Mom





Rebecca, Caroline, me
Spencer lounging on the bench.


 Glad for the memories.

1 comment:

  1. You can come over any time. I don't have a piano... but we could each sing the part of Pavane.

    ReplyDelete