Saturday, August 6, 2011

Breakfast at Teacher Ed

Yesterday it was my turn to supply the weekly Friday breakfast for the 5 secretaries at work. My roommate had recently participated in a similar endeavor, and since I think she's pretty cool, I decided maybe I'd try it out as well. The batter was mixed with love, the toppings handpicked, and each edible wonder skillfully flipped. Brittany, Tracie and I might be the best crepe flippers I'm aware of.

That's right, I provided crepes for the work breakfast club.

So because I don't usually prepare food for other people to eat, I was somewhat apprehensive about the reaction and thoughts of those participating in the partaking. One coworker pointed out that the last time he had eaten crepes he had gotten sick and since then had an aversion to the pancake. (He continued to take three) My other coworkers were complimentary in their comments but they're just nice people and wouldn't say anything mean anyway. I was grateful but passed it off as a surface salute and continued to work on my LAST TRANSCRIPTION (but that's another story...)

As I was walking down the hall, past the office where all of my bosses reside, one of them called me in. Somewhat confused I entered the office to see the head of my department holding an empty plate. She had been given a crepe without my knowledge and was thanking me for it, also being very kind in her comments. I thanked her and was about to leave when she stopped me and asked if, instead of having the nearby Kneaders Bakery provide breakfast for the Teacher Education Department open house, I would be willing to make crepes for ALL the attendees.

...Excuse me, what?

Another one of my bosses joined in saying how that would be perfect and so much better than the heavy food Kneaders would provide. Yet another boss also stepped in and gave her support and encouragement.

I was taken aback and extremely flattered. I accepted the responsibility, wondering in amazement at the turn breakfast group had taken that morning.

While I am flattered and proud I feel that recognition should be given to those who truly deserve it. Brittany and Tracie, you made this dream come true. Thank you. Now you can begin preparing yourself for the crepe marathon, happening August 24th-25th. Love you guys.


 ***


 If you would like a crepe creation at your next big event, please let What the Crepe? be apart of it. Contact one of the three owners via blog comment, facebook, or just come visit us at the nearest location! Our apartment doors are always open for business.
Brittany
Tracie


















***

No comments:

Post a Comment