Tuesday, February 7, 2012

tuesday

It's a Tuesday. Tuesdays have been my least favorite day since 7th grade. School surrounds this day on all sides. The memory of the past weekend seems like a wisp of an idea and the future weekend only a distant promise of relief.

Dramatic? Yes.

Today my dearest friend Tracie convinced me to go to the devotional. Now, I am pretty good at attending devotionals, cramming my legs into a 7 inch spot, and obtaining the necessary enlightenment. Today, however, was more of a struggle. But the seat was being saved and I needed to fill it. So I did.

One of the lessons taught during the talk was to "do your best in school and in work."

I hate to admit it, but I had been contemplating not going to my next two classes. The thought was daunting and sad. Class? I didn't think I could do it on this specific Tuesday.

Tracie reminded me what we had learned in devotional.

I went to class and got full credit for the in class assignment.

Thank you Tracie.
Thank you devotional.

Thank you Tuesday. I'll see you in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment