Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chicken Watch

Last weekend my family went and saw "We Bought A Zoo" at the Logan dollar theater. (dollar theater: that's where it's at and how we roll) It was an entertaining and touching movie with a good story, good acting, and a GOOD soundtrack. no, like really. go listen to it. then come back and finish reading. We had some good laughs as we realized that the shirt Matt Damon wears in one of the scenes when he's working with the tigers was the same shirt my brother, Spencer, had to wear to the Priesthood session of General Conference because he forgot his Sunday clothes. ok. maybe you had to be there.

It's a little bit difficult to see but Spencer had to wear all of my dad's clothes. They were huge on him. He looked like a little kid. 

Anyway, the bottom line is that we had a good time.

Apparently some more than we realized.

Here I am, one week and one day after seeing this movie, a member of a family that proudly owns 6 chickens and a pony. My mom decided that if she couldn't move to a farm in the country, she was going to bring the farm to her. This is the most exciting thing to happen to our family since Caroline was born. Maybe even more exciting than that. jokes, jokes. you know I love you Caroline.






So while my Easter was full of lovely music, delicious food, family, and egg dye, it also consisted of these adorable little things.



I love that my mom has ambitions, goals, and hobbies that aren't necessarily typical. She's always up for trying new things and shows initiative in pursuing those goals, whether it's a remodeled house, an art project, a backpacking trip, a home in Logan or Montpelier, running a 5K, planning art festivals at the neighborhood school, participating in an 80 mile bike ride, writing and directing plays, adopting kittens for a month, joining a yoga class, housing foreign exchange students from Asia and Brazil, owning her own flower shop, running a preschool, or buying chickens and a pony. When she puts her mind to an idea, that idea becomes a reality.
I love it.
I want to be that way too.

But for now I'm going to focus my mind on getting through finals. And figuring out how to get the AC in our apartment to work. It's a blasted 78 degrees in here. And it's only April...

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Chickens! You+Me+Ariel = 2312 Chicken Owners.

    We should make an exclusive club.

    ReplyDelete