Wednesday, November 6, 2013

varna, bulgaria


Remember that one time me and three other 20-somethings traveled through Bulgaria entirely on our own? Yeah. That was a miracle. After establishing our home base in Burgas, we did a few day trips to nearby coastal cities. We loved them all.

The first we went to was Varna. Now, I haven't recounted all the adventures we had while en-route from Kiev to Burgas because to do so would take more time than Nicholas Flamel has on his hands. But let me assure you that there was some crazy business going down. And I loved it.

BUT. The point of that was that we met and befriended the most wonderful person alive. Iliana. She was our little Bulgarian angel who took pity on the four completely bewildered Americans. It is because of her that I'm not currently lying on the floor, crying, in the Sofia Airport. This angel-woman lives in Varna, so after exploring around the city a little bit, we met up with her again to eat some ice cream, visit her favorite spot on the beach, and talk about gypsies.

Our first stop of the day: THIS GIANT FARMERS MARKET.
Best bananas of our lives.


Whaaa....free water?!

 Andrew decided to become Eastern European.
These boys don't know how to feel about it.
But hey, they wanted to be in the picture so they're cool.



Poor Iliana.
She didn't realize what she had gotten herself into.



ILIANA

 ^^^ It kind of became tradition, ok?



And these ^^^ are the awesome people I got to spend my week with.

And then there's me.
hey boys hey.


These two photos...just make me laugh.
OF COURSE he wasn't looking.
And of course this is how I reacted.





give me back my camera...please?

I just super lucked out with these people.




The day ended with a beautiful sunset and us walking down a sketchy road to catch our bus back home. Which in all reality became a sort of theme of the vacation. Us. Walking in sketchy areas. Good times. GOOD times.

peace and laundry
my clothes are literally hanging on every possible area of our apartment. these ukrainians i live with are way too good to me.

rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment