Monday, June 23, 2014

get in the zone.


A story:

A few days back my car read as "my parents car" in case they actually read this  died. The soul of the car sputtered in resignation and forfeited on the journey through life. It left me without vehicle for a space of time, but fortunately kind people take pity on those that are truly pitiful. Finally, after reaching a point of frustration due to my lack of mobility and post-pep talk from my dad, I obtained the necessary aid to remove the battery from my car. After assuring me that we didn't have to put the heart of my car into a cooler and jump on a helicopter in order to make it to the nearby hospital where Dr. McDreamy was waiting to transplant the organ into a needy patient whoa. what tanget did i just go on? we lugged that battery to the nearest Autozone. And then we lugged it to the second nearest Autozone because the first was useless to us.

I flexed my impressive muscles as I lifted the part onto the counter for the man to inspect oh wait. the guy i was with actually carried that unbelievably heavy cube for me. also, i do mean that he was to inspect my muscles, yes. and told the man, with a level of authority and pride previously unbeknownst to my being, why I was there and what I needed. The conversation went as follows:

"I bring you the heart of my car, which is in need of repair. My vehicle is of the Nissan make and the Versa model with a manual transmission. I trust you to find the absolutely best. Go forth and do not disappoint me." 
"oh. hey there. this is my battery and it stopped working so what do i do now? also do you have sink i could wash my hands in? and perhaps some lavender smelling lotion because i have some dirt on my pinky finger."

"Ah, as I examine the fine specimen before me I can see that the vehicle, and the vehicle's owner, are of the highest caliber. We are honored by their presence and will do everything within our power to supply such a noble pair with our most valiant battery replacements. In fact, we shall give it to you for free, in payment for your wonder. You do a service to the world for simply breathing and driving."
"HA! Look at that cute little battery. We for sure don't have anything that size. I'll probably mount that thing on a wall somehwere. Hahahaha what a joke. Oh, and that will be $130."

Moral of the story? Sneaky lives.


Second moral of all this? I always have more pictures.


Biking The Carriage Roads
Acadia National Park

The Beehive Hike

This was the first vacation since I was 18 that my sandals didn't join me.
RIP Merrels.





 




peace and cookie dough
i want a lifetime supply

rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment