Sunday, August 3, 2014

the roost of heavenly beings


There is something extremely liberating about going to a place where your phone doesn't work. It is satisfying to leave your phone on a table for 3 days and not have to charge it once because you simply have not used it. By doing so you can focus on being completely present in your real life. I think I need to do this more often-like when I go to the store. I could definitely be a little more focused and present while wandering the aisles of groceries, seeing as upon arrival home from my last visit I found 3 times as many bananas as I remember purchasing.

So yeah, find a time to leave your phone at home. Or go to a place that forces you to do so. I obviously suggest the latter, because dang there are really cool places to go see. For example, Zion National Park located in Southern Utah.

Pictures taken along the Angel's Landing trail.















It was a fantastic time, filled with private lakes, kayaking, rattlesnake hunting and killing, gourmet food, stargazing, reading, hiking, four square, fire building, rainstorms, and pushing each other off the dock. 

The company didn't hurt either.

So go away from civilization. Find your Walden and study the ants. And then come back so you can brag about the amazing time you had on the very social media you said you enjoyed leaving behind. Man, all the anemia in the world has just been cured with the irony that drips from this post. and was that such a stretch of a joke or what? i'm losing my touch. or i never had it in the first place which now that i think about it is actually the case. yeah.

Next stop? Montana.

peace and summer vacations
rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment