Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Horses are my favorite animal...

Since I was a child I have always thought that horses had a certain majesty about them. They seemed wild and yet friendly. Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron soon became a film held dear to my heart. I had little toy horses which I would painstakingly name in order to get the feel for the horse just right. I admit that I more than once asked my parents for a horse for Christmas. Still waiting on that.

I still like horses, but the FETISH for them which I once had has passed. That doesn't mean they don't still hold a special place in my heart.

This place inside my most vital organ is reserved for horses (and horses only) which is why I was extremely interested in a band that was mentioned to me by my older brother. I decided to check them out and came to the conclusion that the sound they produced was amazing. The special place mentioned before grew to comfortably enclose them.

I give you...

BAND OF HORSES
Sept 28 2010, The Venue, SLC UT



Not only great music, but great company too-
Lindsay Lamoreaux everyone


Ben Bridwell
         




Some of their greatest songs:
*The Great Salt Lake (total shout out to my hometown)
*Older

*Dilly

*Marry Song

See side playlist for *No One's Gonna Love You and *Our Swords




1 comment: