Monday, July 25, 2011

Mi hermano

We were on vacation over Spencer's birthday so I didn't get the chance to put this up ON his birthday. He probably doesn't read this anyway, but I still love him and here are 26 reasons why:

  1. He always has an adventure to go on
  2. His legs and hands are more often than not scabbed and scraped from said adventures
  3. He has awesome hair, even if we make fun of it constantly
  4. He doesn't care what his hair looks like
  5. He is very knowledgeable is the scriptures
  6. He's also very intelligent with math and numbers (something I wish I could do)
  7. He eats a lot but never gains weight (unless it's more muscle)
  8. He served a full-time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  9. He always remembers his little sisters birthdays
  10. He almost got arrested in Mexico twice. Once because he was carrying a brown box for the missionaries there which the police thought was a bomb and another time when he was stealing pesos out of the fountain
  11. He often has uncomfortable things happen to him but he rarely ever complains (at least to us. Maybe Annie has a different story)
  12. He married Annie who we all love very much
  13. He built some sort of rolling contraption to race down the neighborhood hill and named it the Flying Squirrel. It didn't win but was the coolest looking vehicle
  14. Sometimes the dirt on his legs is mistaken for being a tan
  15. Sometimes when he laughs he can't stop
  16. He picked up a branch to hit a monkey that was attacking Caroline. (oh, that's another time he almost got arrested in Mexico)
  17. Before he was married he would always have to share a fold out couch with Caroline on vacation
  18. He can do an excellent impression of my uncle Richard
  19. He's always come back alive from his climbing excursions
  20. He remembered when I ran my half marathon and text me to see how it went
  21. He curls his toes under his feet when sitting in a chair
  22. I've never seen someone change out of Sunday clothes as quickly as him after church
  23. He used to have about a glass of chocolate milk everyday 
  24. He's always been very talented at the piano
  25. He was never too mean or hard on all of us girls
  26. He is my brother
Happy Birthday Spence! I'm so glad I have you as my older brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment