Thursday, July 7, 2011

Who cares if it's not November?

This past Sunday in Relief Society we had a lesson on gratitude. It was good to be reminded of all the great things I have going for me each day. Sometimes I feel like we forget to be grateful unless the day has been specifically set apart and given a special name like, "thanksgiving." I know that I often do. 

As we talked about the benefits of recognizing our blessings everyday, it was pointed out that it's usually the little things that you find you are grateful for. Sometimes they're hard to notice because they are so often overshadowed by the huge and dramatic challenges of each day. 

The teacher had provided us all with little notebooks and invited us to use them to write down the things we were grateful for every day. I've been doing my best to keep up with it, and I've noticed that once you start counting the daily blessings, it's hard to stop. Once you start counting the blessings your attitude changes. I love my gratitude journal. I'm grateful for it.

So, what things happened today that you're grateful for?


2 comments:

  1. well, I'm grateful for my sister Caroline. Oh and the other one.

    hahahaha, jk. I AM grateful for YOU! We are excited to cheer for you on Saturday! Hey everyone! Rachel is running a half marathon on Saturday! Pray for her!

    ReplyDelete