Wednesday, February 12, 2014

girls are great


This is to the girls that are great. The girls that are fun and awesome and do cool things and use their brains to exercise their independence and who care about those around them. Those great girls who are always there for their friends and for strangers, for boys and for girls. Who spend all day baking treats for the entire ward, who take an hour of their time to comfort their wreck of a friend, who send texts and funny snaps just to wish someone a happy day. Those girls who speak up in class to voice their opinions, who compliment strangers, who smile and laugh when they read something funny, who have hobbies and talents that they are proud of. The girls who can fix my computer and draw my blood and help me with statistics and make art and music and life. The girls who forgive and serve and totally rock at Just Dance. To all the great girls out there.

You are great. You are great friends. You have great senses of humor. You have great hair and you have great smiles. But sometimes being great doesn't feel so great. Sometimes great girls don't get asked on dates or do so great on tests or have really great days.

That doesn't mean you are not great. Or that you should stop being great. There is greatness in you and I'm glad I've gotten to see it. If you're not feeling so great, come on by. I'd love to tell you how truly great I think you are.



peace and happiness and snapchats
shoot dang why do i feel so happy?
also, chalk this up to sappy songs on spotify
rrw





4 comments:

  1. So happy to see an update today :) YOU are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jannette. I love seeing that you've commented. Always. I've been totally slacking but I appreciate you still clicking on that link I throw in everyone's face.

      Delete
  2. You are my favorite human being. By far. And I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! I nominated your and your cute blog for the liebster award! see here for details: http://goodtobeagilbert.blogspot.com/2014/02/cady-from-this-is-moment-blog-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete