Monday, July 21, 2014

by any other name


I read somewhere, at sometime, that nicknames were a sign of endearment and affection, so I take the fact that my name has been altered and built upon in a variety of ways as a good thing. Some of the names may have originated as a form of ridicule, but I still choose to take them as form of flattery. Because I am empowered and can choose to blindly assume that all who come in contact with me love me if I want to.

Anyway, I was mentally listing all the nicknames I have been given in my life. And because the only better thing I have to do than write them all down for your benefit is eat all of these chocolate covered goji berries, I'm going to exercise my multitasking ability and do both. We will follow a chronological listing.

Ages 0-5

As a toddler I liked to chew things (which my family expounded upon with song at one point), loved being strapped into a life jacket, and resembled a chubby Asian child more than anything else.

The Names:
Rach
Rachy Boo Boo
Rach-meister


Ages 10-18

Fortunately for the world there is very little documentation of my late elementary/junior high life. I was lanky and taller than most people in my grade with buck teeth and bony knees. Actually it's a real shame I can't show you what I was. It might act as a sort of handicap and excuse for my current appearance, because sometimes I just don't want to shower or put real clothes and makeup on ever. 
#innerbeauty

The Names:
Beavy
Mr. Mole Man
Ratchel
Bunny
Rachebunny
Beverly
Bon Qui-Qui


Ages 19 to Current Day

I don't have much to say about myself now except for that I really, really like dairy products.

The Names:
Ray
Ray-Ray
Momma
Momma Ray

****
At this point I wish to take a moment and acknowledge the givers of my "Momma Ray" nickname.
Even while in Turkey, they still see signs of me.
kinda


What studs.
****
Rachy Rach
Rachy
Ms. Waychel
Sneezeasaurus
Ratchet
Ratchel (revived)
Ice Queen
Rach-babe


So take your pick or make your own. I'm still waiting for someone to refer to me as Star of the Universe.
Just saying.

peace and goji berries
i don't even know what these are. they make my taste buds sing.





No comments:

Post a Comment