Monday, April 30, 2018

34


Over the weekend Harry and I drove about 40 minutes south of Minneapolis in order to visit the new- and only- Costa Vida in the state. I will never say that Costa Vida is as good as Cafe Rio, but it was still a taste of the west, and I greatly appreciated it.

After dining on sweet pork, I excused myself from the table with my currently most used phrase of life ..."I need to go to the bathroom." As I crossed the room, weaving in between the colorful tables and chairs, a younger guy saw me approaching. He proceeded to drag his chair as close as possible to his table, sucking in his stomach and holding his breath, to give me every possible inch of space to pass behind him. There had previously been about 3 feet of room for me to walk through, but I smiled and thanked him for his consideration, wondering if I actually looked like I was as wide as a refrigerator. Harry and I laughed for a good 5 minutes about the entire encounter.

So that's where I'm at. I have reached the point where people are so astounded by my size that I might as well be howling out "FEE FI FO FUM!" as I lumber around gorging myself on cheese smothered pork burritos. And I've still got a month and half left. partying partying.



Now let's take bets on whether our baby is bald like Harry was or a sassafras like me. I'm hoping for both. 








peace and braxton hicks
all day, every day. 
but not like scarily all day. just regularly occurring at normal and well spaced intervals all day.

rrww





No comments:

Post a Comment