Sunday, October 28, 2012

but...i'm only 20?



today i felt like i had a mid-life crisis.
do i really know what that is?
probs not.
but i'm just guessing it might feel like today.

explanation:
i felt out of place and overwhelmed by the abhorrent pile of laundry suffocating my room and enveloping my living space.

so i sat there and thought about my dream life.
living and working in glacier national park, probably at one of the beautiful lodges.
or teaching english somewhere foreign and cold.
or hiking along the appalachian trail while listening to a playlist dedicated to jonsi.


but...i'm not in those places.
i'm here. in provo.
and i have school tomorrow. and reading to do. and a ward to try to fit in with. (not doing so hot with that right now)


and once i thought about all of that, the midlife crisis came back.
so i thought to myself, "rach. you're 20. save the crisis for another 20 years. and stop being dramatic."
so i did my laundry.
(even washed my sheets. it's a big deal)
and cleaned my room.
and read about conspiracy theories.
and listened to lion king and jonsi (because that gave me a little taste of the dream).
and read doctrine and covenants.
and played the card game "nines."
and wished bob ross a happy birthday.
and decided to blog about my mid life crisis.
and came up with this slogan:

"mid life crises: they're better when your laundry is washed and your room is clean."


so, based on my scientific calculations, i can expect my next mid life crises to happen in 3 weeks.
when it's time to do laundry again. 

...
(maybe i can push it to 4 weeks)

peace and pancakes.
(made those for breakfast this morning)
rrw


No comments:

Post a Comment