Wednesday, October 10, 2012

secrets of the secretary





today at work i experienced something...unusual.
i was sitting at my desk with my big screen computer and engraved nameplate chatting with my coworker who was chilling on the couch next to the fake orange flower.

then a professor walked up to me.
she put a plastic bag on the counter of my desk, right next to my engraved name plate.

the conversation went as follows:

professor: "i just threw up in that office. i've cleaned it all up and it's in this bag. will you take care of it?"
rachel: ".....uuhhhhhhh....what? i mean, ok, um, ok."
(i slowly reach for the bag)
professor: "it's all in there and wrapped up so you won't get anything on your hands."
rachel: "...ok. um, anything you want me to do with it specifically?"
coworker on the couch: "there's a dumpster outside." (trying to hint to the professor that she could take it herself)
rachel: "ok. ok, yeah, i'll just...deal with it." (closes grasp on plastic bag. can see through said bag and beholds the contents therein) (refrains from gagging) (proud of myself)
professor: (looks down hall, sees garbage can) "oh, there's a garbage can. i'll just go take it."
rachel: "ok. ok, are you sure?" (i am silently willing her to be sure. please. don't make me do this)
professor: "yes. i'll just take it."
rachel: "ok. ok."

the professor left the office. i slowly sat back down, spread my hands on the desk, and stared straight ahead.

coworker burst into a fit of giggles.
i just stared.
giggle.
stare.
giggle.
stare.


finally i turned to look at her.
coworker: "please tell me you're going to blog this."







day in the life. aren't i blessed?


peace and pizookies. 






No comments:

Post a Comment