Wednesday, January 30, 2013

courtesy of my phone.



a few things that i have brought to my own attention:

*melted ice with the last four drops of root beer is not worth drinking.
ever.

*peanut butter ice cream goes well with catch up.
not catsup. 
gross
catch up.
with tanned and toned tracie, specifically.
maybe i should go to hawaii and the gym. 
then i'd look as good as she does.
dang.

*burnt cinnamon bears do not smell good.

*i will put ANYbody on my favorite person list if that person compliments my blog.
hello stranger. oh, you like my blog?
let's hug.
seriously though. 
i don't know why but compliments given to this go straight to my heart.
so, to all 4 of you that have complimented,
(i mean 5.
what's up grandma!)
i thank you sincerely.

and all of you that haven't...
no comment.

*i really like the camera on my phone.
really i just like my phone in general.
it's perfect when you're on a mountain and need a quick documentation.
and we all know how often that happens.

*i like my family.

*i like skiing.

*i like skiing with my family.


my family and i went skiing last weekend. 
whoa. reading the last few lines is like reading a first grade level book.
max is a boy.
max likes to run.
max is a boy who likes to have fun.
ok.

my mom didn't make it because she got new eyes.
no, she didn't go all minority report on us.
it's called lasik.
first time not wearing contacts in over 40 years.
so cool. 
but maybe makes me a little queasy?
don't touch my cornea.
anyway.

my dad had got us all day passes for christmas.
awesome blossom.
so we all headed up the big cottonwood canyon to enjoy the mountains.

was it enjoyable?
twas.


these were both taken out the front window of silky milky
that's our minivan.
the first was down in the valley.
the second up the canyon.
they speak for themselves.


i can't express how beautiful it was up there.
i just can't.
so. try to imagine it yourself.
i'll help where i can.
like...right below.
yes, the pictures of my family count as part of the beauty.
debatable?
whatever. we're gorgeous.



wait, did i say gorgeous?
oh. yeah. i did.
kudos to annie who got the bunny ears in.
sorry it's not your face.
but really?
they pulled the same face?
figures.




we're basically the fourth couple of the family.
so...what happens when she gets married and i'm all alone?
#9thwheel
#shesonly16




there's annie's face.
and saweet glasses.


after skiing we went and robbed a bank.
we just couldn't waste the outfits.


to the founder of the feast!
and the only family member who will let me take a normal picture of them.
thanks dad.



the squeegee ninjas.
rebecca has a squeegee for goggles built into her mittens.
yes, it's necessary.
yes, we used it.
yes, it was basically like getting our own lasik surgery.
vision is good.



while on the ride up my little sister asked my brother if the day's activities qualified for his blog.
he laughed.
which is understandable if you've ever looked at spence's blog.
do it.
he's a little crazy-intense-awesome-dare-devilish.
so it was no surprise when he decided he would show us all up by trying to ski up and over a tree.

impressive?
you be the judge.



the snow cave annie found?
more impressive.





three of us finished strong while the others bailed to take naps in the car.
no judgement.
but then we finished the night off with some papa murphy's take n bake pizza.
bbq chicken.
it's da best.
and some hawaiian for those with confused tastebuds.
again, no judgement.

then, much to my shame, i slept.
and slept.
and slept.
and missed out on games.
curse you beyond-comfortable bed in the darkest, quietest room in the house.


but the day was fun.

as they say,
"a family that skis together...yada yada yada..."

love em.




peace and pinetrees
gotta dodge em if you come skiing with us.
rrw



ps. 
just to clarify...

caroline isn't getting married.
but she IS going to the sweetheart's dance this weekend!
i'm more excited than she is.








1 comment:

  1. "After skiing we went and robbed a bank." I love you. I just do. : ) This made my day.

    ReplyDelete