Monday, January 28, 2013

picture it




i've had these pictures i've been wanting to share for awhile now.
but i haven't.
so now i will.

i don't have much to say, seeing as it's monday.
and while church was uplifting yesterday, i felt a little... 
hopeless?
um...too dramatic for big type.


but that's an entry for my actual journal.
this is the time that i show pictures and add commentary along the way.
i've missed using my camera.


kanab, ut trip.
december 30 - january 2













is it lame and vain that this is one of my favorite pictures from the trip?
i don't even know how it happened.
but it did.


shimmy up that chimney.






 glad to have the websters with us.
fun. people.


can you see the hidden slot canyon?
swear. it's there.





allow me to zoom in on those faces for you.


yeah.
that's ma fam.
part of it.


 again.
we so beautiful.


and this is actually beautiful.
take me back.






 my dad is spiderman.

kinda.





see the itty bitty people in the bottom left?
they're lookin at the bad boys below.
ancient tagging.
it's considered valuable. 
but i mean really?
my 7 year old cousin could have done that with a spoon.
whateves.

just kidding!
sheesh. 
seriously.
petroglyphs are fascinating.
especially when a sloth named sid is looking at them.
"look, the tigers are just playing tag with the antelope...with their teeth..."
anybody?
caroline...?








 we saw this cairn on top of the cliff we were hiking next to.
obviously we had to go to it.
that's what cairns are for.
so we did.
we ran, stumbled, and panted our way up the 117 degree angle cliff.
and then stood there.
and i took this picture.
but not my mom.
see her down there?



the sanddunes.
in january.
#shouldhavebroughtasled


and this is the group.
with the sun in our faces.
and an awkward knee bend courtesy of...me.
but hey!
we take what we can get.
#selftimersarefun


so yeah.
kanab was a success.

we celebrated new years down there.
it was a quieter new years than others.
but we heard some fireworks going off out in town.
either that or someone's truck was having some serious backfire problems.
probable.
we made resolutions for ourselves.
and for each other.
#forcedtobehumble
#itsgoodforme


peace and petroglyphs
rrw






5 comments:

  1. Was that buckskin gulch?! Because it looks like it. And I think that place is awesome. and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chol! It totes was. We tried to get in to do the Wave, but it was completely booked. So we did some other canyons in the area. Have you been?! It is awesome. And so are YOU.

      Delete
  2. Haha, some of your taglines kill me. Such cool pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lisa! I feel like I haven't seen you in...a long time. Hope things are going well!

      Delete
  3. You are beautiful. And your pictures are too! Seriously, you're getting ridiculously good at using that thing. You're just a natural :) also, the "awkward knee bend courtesy of me" made me lol. I love you. You post, I'll read. That's a promise ;)

    ReplyDelete