Sunday, September 15, 2013

ukraine: a week later


Dear Ukraine,

I thought we were getting along so well. I immediately grew to love your people, public transportation, and food. I told everyone how much I enjoyed it here, even while it rained. I took pictures of everything and exclaimed over the differences from America, noting the things that were better here. The Russian language was like music to my ears and I sought to learn it. You were my second home.

And then you stole my phone.

I feel betrayed and hurt. Now everywhere I look I see potential thieves and plots to ruin my experience here instead of fascinating people, beautiful clothes, and babushki with flowers. How are we going to fix this, Ukraine? You made me cry. And I don't like crying.

So to the Ukrainian who now has my phone, I suggest opening the app entitled "Gospel Library" and learning a little bit about what being a thief actually entails in the eternal scheme of things. I'm going to try to forgive this betrayal of trust and continue to love European chocolate to my heart's content, but I will never forget.

And to my dear Galaxy. I'm so sorry.

rrw

ps. I'm secretly still hoping it's going to turn up somewhere, in which case I will eat this entire post full of words. Don't worry, I've eaten weirder than that lately. And I've loved it.

pps. Maybe this is my punishment for taking too many selfies with my phone. Yeah, that's gotta be it. But I mean, come on! I was just trying to do an American vs. Ukrainian pose while standing under my umbrella, ella, ella...


#imsovain #yeahthissongisaboutme #hashtag




No comments:

Post a Comment