Thursday, February 7, 2013

bachelor? sign me up.



ok. ok.
the bachelor.
it's a controversial show that most people love to hate and hate to love.
or they just love it.
me?
i'm more on the hate to love side.

i watch it because i can't believe people can actually behave the way they do.
i watch it because it's so unnatural and horrifying and i can't look away.
it's like a train wreck.
or fascination of the abomination.
shout out to joseph conrad.
i watch it because i have fond memories of watching with certain people in the past.
i watch it because maybe it makes me feel better about my life.
rather be single than dating someone who's dating 18 other girls....no?
i watch it because i like to compare the girls eyebrows.
seriously get all sorts of shapes on that thing.
i watch it because i like to count how many times the word "amazing" can be used in one episode.
seriously. the number is amazingly high.
i watch it because there is always multiple helicopter dates.
and i can always think of at least 14 other things they could be doing.

i watch it.

but until last night i never had any desire to be apart of it.
and then they went on a trip.
and i was overcome with so much emotion and longing it felt like i would never be happy until i was there.
i've yet to feel such strong emotions for an actual person.
and yet they come for a location?
i'm so weird.

usually the destinations on this show include places warm and sunny with palm trees and jungles.
and lots and lots of beaches.
and fewer and fewer clothes.
sand, fires, boats, caribbean waters, sunburns, lotion, sandals, and fewer and fewer and fewer clothes.
#yuck

but not this time.
this time they went somewhere that actually has character and potential and charm and beauty and wonder.

they went to glacier.

i want to go to glacier.
i want to live in glacier.
i'd like to fall in love in glacier?
psh. who am i kidding.
i'm already in love.

with glacier.

and so i have decided to go back through all my photos from that glorious week spent up north.
it'll probably kill me with envy can you envy yourself? like, your past self? but i'm going to do it.

get ready for a lot of pictures.
probably spread throughout many posts.


but just in closing, if abc is going to be taking trips to such "amazing" places, then i will begin my application for the next season.

i've already started practicing my use of "amazing."
and once i get my eyebrows done i'll fit right in.


glacier national park
august 2012


the view from the back porch of our house.
whaaaa?



lake mcdonald
10 miles long
1 mile wide
472 ft deep







obviously i could use some tips on posing.
#awkwardlegs
#awkwardarms
and do you remember my awkward knee bend?






 peace and mountain lakes
i gave up on the "p" thing.
alliteration is hard.

rrw









8 comments:

  1. Sooo I love your blog. Girlfriend, you are FUNNY. But in a not "i'm amazingly {see what I did there?} hilarious and I know it" kind of way. I needed you to know that I love and maybe am a tiny bit jealous of your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooooooooookay. Jannette. You have no idea how flattered I am with this comment. And your use of "amazing" could easily get you onto The Bachelor as well. Just saying, we could be great on that show. Although from the looks of it you might be wanting to go on a dating show anytime soon.... haha love it! Miss you.

      Delete
  2. I love that you watch the bachelor! I am secretly in love with it for all the reasons you listed above. And I love that they are actually dong cool things this season. I want to go to glacier too. So stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. How do you know elisabeth Gringeri? Her blog is over on your side bar :) She is one of my best friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. SARAH JANE! 2. I'm glad that someone as cool as you watches it too. I feel much better now. 3. Please. Go to Glacier. Warning: you probably won't ever want to go anywhere else. But it's so worth it. 4. Elisabeth is in one my classes! We made that connection just this week and it was great. 5. I hope you're doing well! I'm glad I found your blog. (creepy? oh well)

      Delete
    2. You are so adorable. Thanks for making me feel like a rock star in just one little comment. :)

      Delete
  4. Rachel, this post is amazing... I got sucked into the same guilty pleasure last month and I'm just glad I'm not alone. Plus, your photography skills are amazing (yes I used that word on purpose) and you always seem to capture the beauty of every aspect of Glacier. Keep up the good work, Chum.
    Love Amanda Mo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MandaMo. You are amazing. This comment is amazing and leaves me feeling so flattered it's amazing. Thank you for the compliments on the photos. It warms my heart. (Seriously, it's like they're my children or something.)
      More.

      Delete