Monday, December 23, 2013

confessions of...me.


You know those moments when you realize something about yourself that you really wish you hadn't realized because living in denial is better than accepting them? ...take a moment and go read that again. I mean, I have this mental image of who I am and I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty dang sophisticated, funny, and charismatic in my head. And then I realize who I actually am and my mental-me just goes "Ah Rach.....really?" Well, this week the real me had to respond to mental-me with an ashamed "Yeah. Really." Here are a few of those things that caused me to wonder at myself.

*I like Katy Perry. I do. I've resisted so hard for so long but honestly, I just can't help letting my inner lioness sing along when I hear "Roar" on the radio. And there's no way to not love "Unconditionally," especially when your dad suddenly makes it a song about your favorite type of hair product.

*I'm that person in the movie theater that laughs. Out loud. And gets the over the shoulder look from the people in front of her. I don't know when this started happening, but it just did. I swear it was just yesterday that I was a moody teenager who never wanted anyone to know she had emotions. Besides moody of course.

*I'm done being single. gasp. I know, I know. I had that whole "#singleforlife" hashtag thing going and it's kind of a taboo thing for someone to actually admit. Maybe it's just all of the Hallmark Channel movies about people being reunited with that person they've always loved during the most romantic time of the year. Or all the twinkle lights. I swear. Twinkle lights were invented to make you want to cuddle. I hate them. But I love them. Oh so much.

Anyway, what was I saying before I made twinkle lights my arch nemesis? Oh yeah. Taking a break from singlehood. Thus...

*I'm on Tinder. YOU GUYS. I'm on Tinder. I don't even know what to think about myself right now. And in all reality, I'm terrible at it. It is so stressful and I can't ever swipe either way without messaging my best friend (who got me into it in the first place) asking what the social protocol is. But dang, it's pretty fun. This is also my public apology for calling it "morally repugnant." My words can't get down my throat fast enough.

*I fought really hard at a white elephant gift exchange for this.


And then took way too many self timer pictures with it. These are 4 of...more than 4.
ps. to my future roommates. Is it ok if he moves in with me? He could be our mascot. Or protector. Or friend. I mean, once you see his chest you will understand. Promise. Ok. Thanks.


Yeah, that whole "let's not be single anymore" thing is just going to take off. I know it.


Well, I'm done voluntarily humiliating myself. How many times did you wince for me? Or blush and wish it were over? Probably not more than my mental-me. She's wondering why the heck I even put this post together. Dang it, I can't be as classy as you, ok!

And now I'm talking to myself. 
22 is going to be a good year.


Oh, and I also realized that I cannot wear tights without getting holes/runs in them. #stayclassyfolks

peace and birthday banners
no my birthday related posts will never end.

rrw




2 comments:

  1. haha. I'm obsessed with you. Also I just realized I'm obsessed with Katy Perry. I feel the exact same, those songs so good. all the time.

    ReplyDelete