Sunday, June 19, 2011

weekend of fathers, feathers, family and fabulous fun

I got kind of excited with the title of this blog

As you may know, I have a feather in my hair. Observe.


My dad, Kirk, is cool. So when he found a feather in the yard of our Logan home, he decided to imitate this recent fashion. Observe.


Yeah, he kept it in all day. He's a fashionista. And we love him for it. 
Glad he's mine.

Going to Logan is always fun for me. It's relaxing, has beautiful scenery, and I get to spend time with my family. While we may tease each other a lot, I think I laugh hardest while with them. All of these things make Logan a great place, but every time I go there I'm also so impressed with the architecture of the actual house. 

It's beautiful.
It was built in 1879.
By someone named Peter Peterson. (coolest name ever?)
This is what it looks like:










My mom has done a great job of accenting the 1879 elements while working the 21st century elements into the home as well. It's the perfect mix and we love having visitors. This weekend my aunts Nancy and Linda joined us for the getaway and attended the Summerfest Art's Festival held on the lawns of the Logan Tabernacle. Things were expensive but Linda bought a beautiful landscape painting, we all delighted in chocolate strawberries, caramel apples, and three layer chocolate mousse. I also purchased this little accessory.






Oh, and what's that on my wrist? Perhaps a little bit of henna?

It is.




Props to my mom for free handing the whole thing.

So, that's what I did this weekend. I didn't have any homework to worry about and am super happy to say that I won't have any for the next 7 weeks. Sorry to all of those who are going to Summer term. It was a superb weekend and ended perfectly with the whole family (Dad, Mom, Spencer, Annie, Rebecca, Wes, me, Caroline) together at my Salt Lake home for a Father's Day dinner/Mom's birthday dinner. I love being together.



No comments:

Post a Comment