Friday, July 26, 2013

welcome to fabulous


In the last 5 days I have been in 5 different states. Can we just acknowledge that this is crazy? I mean, how in the world did I get so lucky? I love my summers like this - chuck full of vacations with almost no time to do anything else. People generally like to travel, but how in the world do I manage to plan a vacation every weekend? Maybe it's because I've been in Provo for 3 years straight and I'm starting to get antsy here. Maybe it's because my family has always done this during the summer and I just can't help myself. Maybe it's because I figure, when else am I going to be able to do this? Maybe it's because I've been in so many weddings I feel like I should be going on honeymoons too. Maybe it's because adventure is out there! And I can't help taking a teeny taste of it. I mean, if you can't get your blood pumping a little faster every now and then, how do you even know you're alive? that should become a song lyric. someone contact ben gibbard or adam levine. 

Well, there have been more than enough moments in my life recently that have gotten my blood moving through my body, proving that I am a living human being and not slowly turning into a zombie. Here are a few of those moments.

-Eating three delicious cookies from Paradise Bakery: chocolate chip, lemon zester, and the {{winner!!}} coconut chocolate chip. ohmygosh go get it right now. everything's better with coconut.
-Listening to The Lion King soundtrack. Anytime, anywhere, that gets me excited.
-Seeing a cop hiding out in the bushes and praying that he won't notice you going well over the speed limit. happens every time!
-Coming over the crest of the Las Vegas valley while listening to Brandon Flowers singing about how fabulous Las Vegas is. it's basically inspiring. 


-Driving on the strip. I try not to be too proud of my accomplishments, but dang. I will put that on all my resumes from here on out because I have never been so beyond the edge of my nerves in my life. all the lights! all the honking! all the limos! all the pedestrians! all the stop and go traffic while driving a stick shift!



-Manipulating parking garages. Daedalus (that's the guy who created the labyrinth and yes I had to go look that up just now) would be proud of the monstrosities we have constructed. They are endless and exitless and you will get eaten by a Minotaur before you find your way out.
-Interacting with people on the strip."Please don't touch me." "I'm sure you are an excellent Christian Rock singer but I just can't take that CD from you." "Excuse me I'm just trying to stand here." "No we are not going to any clubs tonight, no matter how many free drinks you offer us."






 people were so happy for us.
#thanksguys


#stoodup #yousir #wouldyouliketomarryme?


-ACTUALLY watching the Bellagio fountains go off and feeling like we were in our own Ocean's Eleven show. Or on a date courtesy of ABC. see any season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette for reference.



-Trying to find the pool for a quick dip before checkout time and eventually just asking the strangers in the elevator with us where it is because you've gotten off on three different floors and it's nowhere to be seen. Only complaint with the pool: why was there no diving board or platforms or slides or lily-pads to crawl over? I mean, what do they expect us to do there? Just swim around and flirt with boys? 


found this gem on my camera while going through the pictures so i added some commentary and put it here.
cool. i know.

-Eating at Serendipity because that stuff was just so good and that word is just so fun. I also give my official thumbs up to the Frrrrrrrozen Hot Chocolate. Personally I'd just stick with the classic flavor but hey, it's your life. Live it the way you want! What's the phrase? #yol....never mind. I can't continue.

holy cow why is my best friend so pretty?







-Shopping. I don't even know where to begin with that. So many things to buy. I got some yellow-sandal-heel-things and can't wait to wear them...somewhere. A wedding maybe? Next week? Ok. Will do. I totally did the "selfie in the mirror" while trying on other clothes so that my bff could tell me what she thought while she perused a different store but I won't inflict those pictures on you.


so, i would always take pictures of the other three and then they'd offer to take one of me. 
but then no one would be in the photo with me.
so it looks like i went to vegas alone.
#coolbeans





It was an exciting trip. From having a man named Jared come to our room to fix our TV at midnight to finding out the Nestle Tollhouse Cookies shop gave out free water to having heart attacks while walking through Tiffany's and wishing it was realistic for me to get some sparkly from there, it was just all good.

The last 10 minutes of the trip might have been the most exciting as we found ourselves spinning out of control across 4 lanes of traffic. All I have to say about that is miracles are real, everyone is fine, there were no collisions, and miracles are real. Wait, did I say miracles are real? Because guys, miracles are real. I've been saying prayers of gratitude that we're not all in the hospital with broken bodies right now.

Miracles, man.

peace and vegas

rrw





1 comment:

  1. looks like such a fun trip. and i definitely listen to that song every time i drive home!

    ReplyDelete