Monday, July 1, 2013

crush of the week


My crush of the week is this doughnut.



I mean...it's covered in caramel, chocolate, coconut and oreos. And accented with a goblet of the thickest, most delicious chocolate milk there is on the planet. How was I supposed to not fall in love? It probably helped that I told the people behind the table how to make it just the way I like. mail order bride move over. 

This doughnut and I met at the wedding reception of my friend from freshman year. Man, I can't believe how long ago that seems. And at the same time, like it was just yesterday. She was a beautiful bride and I got to be in charge of flowers so my car smelled like floral perfume all day. I tried to focus on that aspect of the car ride, rather than the heat that made my entire body cry in discomfort.



I was right in line for catching the bouquet but...didn't. It's whatever though. I'm going to Ukraine and got another doughnut instead so I'm fine. Not to mention the pieces of cake I sneakily ate while pretending to be a dainty girl who doesn't eat sweets. oh give me a break. there's cake? i'm gonna eat it.


It was a beautiful day full of beautiful people and beautiful views.




What? I love to see the temple. Always have. no, but really. i made my family sing that song every family home evening from the time i was 5 to the age of 9.

It was such a great day that I was so happy to be a part of. Tears were shed, hugs were given every few minutes, pictures were taken and taken and taken. Love was in the air.

And not just for the happy couple.

I miss my doughnut. 

peace and raspberry cheesecake cookies.
i mean, you have to move on eventually right?

rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment