Wednesday, August 14, 2013

babysitting in style


Today I'm wearing a pink and white stripped shirt with...green? pants. I actually don't know what color they are. Dark mint? Seafoam? Moss on the Pine? Whatever. The point is that I'm two days away from moving out of my apartment and all my clothes are packed up or already strewn about the guest room at my parent's home. So I'm wearing pink stripes with Jungle Green pants. Because I mean, why not? People's retinas are screaming with reasons why not but I don't have to look at myself so why should I worry about it? This is also my reasoning behind the ponytail and zero makeup I'm proudly displaying. Plus I have plans to go to the water park after work, so that's just double reason to not get ready.

Want to know another outfit I dawned recently? Too bad. It was my prom dress. No joke. It happened. I was in Salt Lake over the weekend, swinging in the hammock with squirmy babies, feeding squirmy babies, reading the Berenstein Bears to squirmy babies and taking squirmy babies on drives all the way down the Wasatch front. ah but i love those squirmy babies. But the point was that I had a wedding to go to and no appropriately-formal-enough attire. So I went to the closet of things I've always kept at my parents. And pulled out my prom dress. The prom dress my mom handmade for me and I love. I put it on, surprised my whole family that I could still fit into it, (thanks guys) and went to the wedding, where the compliments were given in such a way that I committed to wearing that dress every day for the rest of my life. (Except today, because I'm already wearing pink and Croaking Toad Green)

^^^this is the prom dress^^^

This was an important weekend because the baby pictured above, my little cousin, finally started calling me by my name and not just staring at me and running away. And her younger sister actually came to me to be picked up. I guess she had no other choice, but it still made me so happy to see her crawl towards me, reach my feet and look up at me with expectation. I would wait just long enough to take in the moment before swooping down to pick her up and let her squirm in my arms. ohmygosh i sound like a mom. i'm not even dating anyone! calm down rach.




Just to clarify, I'm not "baby hungry" at all. I've just never been the one of my friends who absolutely loved babies. I mean, I DO love babies, but during church classes I just preferred to listen and comment on the lesson rather than tend the teacher's baby. So now that I feel like I really do love babies I have to acknowledge the fact that maybe I'm finally growing up...ish.

Plus this might be me advertising my ability with babies so that my sister and brother-in-law will trust me with their child when the time comes. #auntrachel #abouttime

peace and jonsi

rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment