Monday, August 26, 2013

my lip


On Friday I had a nasty accident. While again trying my hand at trail running in the canyon I live close to, I stumbled and tripped over a root or rock or freaking squirrel chilling on the trail. I don't really know what it was, but instead of my body propelling forward, it was taken by gravity and I dropped to the earth, hitting my face on a nearby rock and completely splitting my lip open.

I was in shock, clutching my face and looking for anything to stop the blood. Eventually I gave up on that, took my shirt off, stuffed it to my face, and started staggering back toward the trail head and waiting car, trying not to think about the blood flowing from my body.

I made it to the car (where were all the people around to help me? i have no idea) picked up my phone and called my mom for help, kind of mumbling and crying and yelling while stuffing the shirt as tightly as possible against my face. Fortunately she got the idea and a quick 10 minutes later we were on our way to the emergency room.

A few stitches later I walked out with fat lip and some sticky gauze all up in my business. I'm not supposed to smile, talk, laugh, chew, or in anyway use facial expressions in communication. My mom suggested I use makeup to blend the bandages in with my face, to which I responded that I was actually thinking of treating it like a cast and having my friends sign it. So...any takers? You want to sign my lip?

^^^that's the closest I could get to a smile. It's beautiful. I know. Especially that fat lip of mine. #mmmm
And oh my gosh do you think my face is big enough in this thing? Yeah, me either.


In other news, all of this is a lie. I just like this story better than the real one, in which I go to the plastic surgeon to have a mole removed and walk out 25 minutes later like it's no big deal.

Maybe next time I tell the story I'll have just been in a fight with a stampeding moose or hit with a taser gun as I protected a baby during a bank robbery. Any other suggestions?

peace and plastic surgery
rrw





2 comments:

  1. I completely believed you.
    I'm pretty disappointed that wasn't true!
    But seriously, props on a convincing story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty disappointed it isn't true as well. Believe me. I almost considered just not adding the truth in but then I realized that was dishonest. Thanks for the props!

      Delete