Monday, August 19, 2013

home again home again


This last weekend I moved back to Salt Lake. I'll be there for the next two and a half weeks before I board a plane to go adventure abroad for the rest of the year. As it gets closer and closer, I get more and more excited. There might be a hint of terror in there too, but that's what makes it even more exciting. You know, like when you're waiting in line to go on the scariest slide at the water park and you know it's going to be terrifying and your heart is going to hate you because you'll basically be free falling but you have to do it anyway because you just do. am i the only one that feels this way about that dang slide? fine. whatever. i'm a wimp.

But being home has been wonderful, and it's only been two days. The carpet in my home is so soft, I could just sleep on the floor and be fine but then I'd be missing out on the massive bed I have all to my own. The water in the shower is always warm, no matter how long I stay in there. There's always ice cream in the freezer and all the elderly people in the ward are nice to me. I can just go up one flight of stairs to tease my little sister, even if this means she only has to go down one flight of stairs to do the same to me. I get to pretend I can still play the piano anytime I want and my dad even thanks me for playing while my mom plans backpacking hiking trips for us to take next weekend. I also get to take the scoot-scoot on evening rides up the canyon, which is basically in our backyard. Caroline joins me and we laugh as we barely inch up the hill while having the gas on full throttle.

Oh that little scoot. It's my crush of the week for sure. fo sho.




she's in tune with nature.


So now I'm missing my real camera and am committing myself to taking it out with me on my next Millcreek visit. Just so you know.

peace and baseball games. 
totes going to one with my bff tonight. #yesssssss <------- oh, and feel free to say that in Parseltongue. I did.

rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment