Friday, August 9, 2013

hunters and harry



-Many months ago I went on a search for Lay's Chicken and Waffles flavored chip. My pursuits proved fruitless and I was left without. This week, however, a dear friend of mine presented me with the chips I had almost completely forgotten about. I was ecstatic and flattered that she remembered how desperately I desired to try these things. And try them I did. The first bite is bad. The second better. And then it just goes up from there. Think...salty syrup.

-While hiking alone in the rain on Wednesday I decided I wanted my hair up, but had no elastic anywhere near. So what you're looking at in that second picture is the concoction I whipped up. Yes, my hair is tied around a stick I found on the trail. And it worked like a gem. I think the rather fit young man running the trail without a shirt on was impressed. I mean, aren't you?

-The following morning I woke up early-ish to go frolic in the mountains again. It was beautiful. After hiking a short ways I had this crazy thought to run. I immediately acted on that because it's rare for me to feel that way. I hung my backpack (containing all my things ie keys, phone, wallet, breakfast) on a branch so I wouldn't miss it on the way down and ran on. I now realize how stupid that was. But then a nice hunter man and his son stopped me along the trail back and asked if I was Rachel, pulling my backpack out from behind them and handing it over to me. So right now I'm grateful for nice, honest people who don't steal my car and eat my banana, who pull out their phones to show me their latest kill and who basically invite me to go hunting with them. Maybe next time boys.

-The Harry Potter marathon continues on. And oh what a joy it is.

peace and rainstorms

rrw





2 comments:

  1. this post is glorious. first, i will go hiking with you. next, i have been reading harry potter too! its da bestest

    ReplyDelete
  2. done! I'm always looking for a hiking buddy. AH! I love Harry so much. So glad you're reading them too. It's like reliving every good childhood memory.

    ps. it was seriously so fun to see you at the movies the other night.

    ReplyDelete