Tuesday, August 27, 2013

habits of a single girl


I recently had a conversation with a person older than I on the importance of getting married young. I have great love and respect for this person, so I sat and listened and nodded and smiled this was before the surgery. One of the main arguments presented was that the younger you are, the fewer difficult habits you have-you aren't set in your ways just yet. I smiled and nodded, but couldn't help thinking of the habits I have already established as a young single person. Habits that I refuse to change. unless, like, a boy wants to marry me and i have to. i guess. These are my single girl habits. Whether I have them because I'm single or I'm single because I have them is up for debate.



1. I sleep with 3 pillows on a regular basis. The one at the very back must be firm and placed at approximately a 45 degree angle from the headboard. The second is used as additional support as needed, and the third must be a soft, down pillow that I can fold or squish or just sink into. i can work with two if necessary. see? i'm already compromising. 

2. I brush my hair like, all the time. My best friend once asked me how many times a day I brush my hair and I tried to play it off. "Psh. Like, three or something." <---real quote She scoffed and just looked at me. I responded to that with "Well, like, three different time periods. You know, morning, afternoon, and night." I basically brush my hair continually through all those times. So yeah, like three.

And maybe I just took a break from this to go brush my hair. But seriously girls, tell me I'm wrong. Brushing your hair is the most soothing thing on the planet. Boys, you don't know what you're missing out on.

^^^ You just can't get that sort of volume any other way people.


3. I'm kind of really into dairy, so buddy better be ready to spend money on that. When I'm thirsty, I drink a glass of milk, not water. When I'm hungry a cheese quesadilla is my go-to. I'll eat cottage cheese out of the container and obviously ice cream is at least a once a day thing. One of my prouder moments was when a roommate of mine said, "Since I've met you my dairy/cheese intake has doubled." I said, "You're welcome."

4. I take corners really fast while driving. I love shifting from first gear to second right in the middle of the turn so I just peel around that curb like I'm Charlize Theron speeding through abandoned subway tunnels with a Mini Cooper full of gold. I really only do this when I'm alone in the car. Fortunately right now that's basically always.

^^^ I mean like, you can see it too right?

5. Harry Potter references are said or thought of on, at least, an hourly basis. This, technically, is not a habit because it is actually a lifestyle. But...how about a test of sorts? Today, while sorting through the change in my piggy bank, putting the coins in little stacks and counting out the necessary amount to package, I told my mom I reminded myself of an aspect in the world of Harry Potter. What was the reference I made? (Or what would you have said?)

6. I go hiking by myself because I absolutely love it. And often I don't tell anyone that I am because that's all part of the joy. Some people my friends think this is stupid. Maybe it is, but it's one of my single girl habits that will be hardest to break.

7. No matter what your political views, I will contradict you. Sorry. It's just true. Talk to my best friend if you need further proof.

8. I make a game of how long I can wait before going to the grocery store. So sometimes I just eat plain tortillas for dinner, because naturally the cheese is gone before the tortillas are. I think I've gotten up to almost a month.



Well, there you have it. My single girl habits. I'm sorry they're not cute, like...oh I don't know, writing my name with different last names to see which sounds better or dancing around my room to One Direction. oh wait...#jklolhags. kinda.

And now that I've completely shot all chances of leaving the realms of singledom in the foot, I think I'll leave the country for the rest of the year. #10moredays

peace and drive through car washes.
scariest thing in the world

rrw





2 comments:

  1. awesome haha. i definitely still sleep with 3 pillows. that will not change lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This news is a relief for me. I've also had people tell me that they think their husbands are good pillows. Thoughts?

      Delete