Wednesday, October 23, 2013

my life is boring


I'm not in a super mood to blog right now, and yet here I am, typing up a post. My host sister asked if there was nothing interesting for me to post about. I just looked at her while I sat in a kitchen in Kiev, Ukraine, holding a bowl of borscht I helped make and remembering how delicious the batch of syrniki I had made earlier was, listening to a Russian symphony that was filling the room through speakers sitting on the table in the kitchen...in Kiev, Ukraine.

Yeah, that must be it. Nothing interesting is going on in my life.

I mean, it's not like that same host sister and I had a conversation about the different professions her English text book said were possibilities for those who spoke English. Nah, we didn't really laugh at the idea that her text book said that American's often chose the profession of milkmaid. I mean heck, I'm considering changing my major as I type.

And it's not like I totally caught a fly out of the air in between my fingers like a full-on ninja.

I can't possibly have been teaching English to Ukrainian kids for the last month and a half. I mean, that would mean that I've had children stroking my hair and hanging on my legs and pulling on my hands and throwing things across the room and sneezing all over me and hugging me and sitting on my lap whenever we "fall down" during Ring Around the Rosie.

I'm not the most popular kid at the elementary school here. None of the kids want to talk to me and tell me their names and ask me how I am when I go to pick up my 8 year old host sister from school.

I couldn't possible have gone on an overnight train this last Friday. And then spent literally all day on the same train that Sunday. no really. did that really have to happen? that couldn't possibly be real. there's no way i would have done that...ok fine. i did.

But it's not like I took that train to see castles and fortresses in Kamanets, Ukraine. No... Because if I did, that would mean I have a ton of pictures...



And this dog didn't follow me everywhere, photo bombing basically every picture I have.










We obviously didn't have a very much fun with self-timers.





And we totally didn't get scammed into taking pictures with these birds.
oh how i wish that ^^^ were true.
#whileinukraine 



We didn't decide to take a nap on a bench in the middle of the city.


And we definitely didn't watch/film two Ukrainians get engaged while standing on yet another love bridge.
i swear, i'm putting a lock on the next one we see.
i don't care if i have no love in my life.
it will say "Rachel + Cheese = Happiness Forever"
or something equally profound.



Nope. My life is so utterly boring. I have absolutely nothing to blog about. So I'm going to leave now and send good vibes to my little sister, who is running in the State Cross Country meet today. Fly C-Gull, FLY!

peace and russian lessons
say hello to the worst student in the class. 
"privet"
^^^that's hello in russian.

rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment