Sunday, October 6, 2013

budapest, hungary


Dear Budapest,

Hi. Remember me? I was a member of that giant tour group of Ukrainians that recently visited your beautiful buildings and bridges and baths. No, I didn't actually go to the baths due to my lack of swimming suit, but you still did not disappoint. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start at the beginning.

Our relationship started off a little rough, didn't it? I have to say that the guards on the boarder between Ukraine and Hungary weren't the most pleasant people I've met. But then again, it was 3 in the morning, I had been on a cramped and sweltering hot bus for the last 17 hours, and then forced to stand in the freezing cold for another half hour. At that point I probably would have looked at the Easter Bunny and seen an unpleasant rodent carrying diseases and hatred to the world. So I bet the guards were actually quite nice.

After the adventure in "U-Hungary" (which we dubbed the border as) I found myself wandering with friends around your old and magnificent buildings, parks, monuments, and streets, taking pictures of everything and trying to figure out which of the five currencies in my wallet would help me buy a ring from the huger-than-huge flea market.

Maybe you could teach America a few tips on how to throw a real yard sale? Because we're obviously not doing it right.






"This is the best! I'm in Budapest!"






 #whatsinyourwallet
#mastercardgotnothin





 i mean...it WAS selfie-sunday






There must have been something magical in your air, because for spending a day, evening, and night on a bus, we didn't look as terrible as I expected. But I might have had my expectations lower than low when it came to my appearance...

But when I ended the morning sitting on the lap of a creepy looking statue in order to make a wish, I felt that you had done right by me...

...and then you up and outdid yourself with that dang Fisherman's Castle! The view of The Parliament Building, the bridges, and the river was outstanding. The castle itself was beautiful as well. So now I'm trying to figure out what that fisherman must have caught in order to have such a place constructed. I mean, like, I'll take up fishing if that's what it takes.







I mean I even did a back bend pose in your honor.
That never happens.
Really.



So hey Budapest. Let's be friends. I'll come see you again and I'll bring my suit. Then it'll be a real party.

peace and castles
rrw





2 comments:

  1. in the world of religion, most people find buddha to be a pest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wise words from the weilers. keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete