Wednesday, October 9, 2013

vienna, austria


My creative juices aren't quite flowing right now. Today the homesickness hit. And it hit hard. If you're reading this, sitting in America, and know me better than just as an acquaintance, chances are you crossed my mind more than once today.

Especially my family. Dang Gina. I miss them.

So if you know any fantastic cures for homesickness, let me know! For right now I'm sticking with eating all the snacks my mom sent with me and looking through photos of home. I'm sure to feel better by doing this, right!? (sarcasm intended) Oh, and as a heads up for advice that is sure to flow from you, going home isn't an option. I will not return to America until the middle of December. Case closed. (Aaaand that was me giving myself a pep talk. I'm super self-supportive. And I don't know even know if that makes sense. Like I said. No juices flowin')

So for now! Pictures.
*surprise*

After Budapest, I was a little bit doubtful that anything could be better. And then I went to Vienna. I didn't take as many pictures, but maybe that's because I was just having too good of a time.

 Hofburg Winter Palace and current office of the Austrian president.
Also the balcony where Hitler gave one of his most famous speeches.



One of the biggest shopping mall areas I've ever seen. I wanted all the things.
Including attractive European man in the cardigan.


Biggest regret? Not buying and eating all of these.


St. Stephen's Cathedral.

Whenever I see a flower shop I think of my mom. And then take a picture.


Not sure what this building is, but hey.
Thumbs up for Vienna.




Vienna City Hall. Also known as The Rauthus Building.


 These colors are furreals people.


And then we found a stone table and sat at it.

Votive Church. 
Which H&M is currently using as an advertisement during construction.
#bummer



 Parliament Building

 Apparently the second level of the fountain is where you throw your coins in order to find love.
I missed.
#singleforlife

I mean, who doesn't love a fluted Corinthian styled column?
#shoutout #motherwood #arthistory



And this is a full on, cheese infused, foot long, bratwurst hot dog thing.


I wish I could tell you more about the history of the places I've seen. But...the tour was all in Russian. Yeah, this might seem like a major oversight. But hey, I was still in Vienna. Eating dairy filled meat.

Can you beat that?

peace and princess sissi
look her up. she was super major in vienna a couple hundred years ago. and completely intriguing to me.

rrw

ps. For the record, I still am so happy here. Just missing the people who mean most to me. Which, you know, is kind of a good thing if you think about it. Ok. I'm done.





No comments:

Post a Comment