Tuesday, October 15, 2013

prague, czech republic


Here I am, helping my host-sister with her English homework, and stressing over the fact that I really don't understand English at all. I have never been more concerned with my ability to speak my own language. Have you ever tried to explain why we add a "though" on "thank you, though" when we decline an offer of something? Or the difference between "other," "another," and "the other?" Or why "few" and "a few" mean totally different things? 

English man. We do what we want.

Other than make a fool of myself in two different languages, I've been going through the hundreds of pictures from Prague. Shoot dang I took a lot. But here are some of them. We got to spend two days in the city and it was a party. Czech it out. You'll Prague-ably get pretty jealous.

Or just bored. Sorry. This is my life though.

View from the Prague Castle.


Prague Castle

St. Vitus Cathedral.
Don't ask how we managed to time it just right, but we did.
The sun on those stain-glass windows....



We took a boat tour (with dinner provided) on a boat just like this.
It was a buffet.
A word of advice: don't get between a Ukrainian and their buffet. You will lose.

Charles Bridge

Church of Our Lady in Old Town Square.

Infamous Astronomical Clock.
It tells time and other cool things.

We climbed to the top on our second day.
I love the brickwork in this thing.



I hope this isn't a drug reference or anything.
I just like Utah.


Spur of the moment we decided to rent a paddle boat.
And then we chilled on the Vltava River...

...and took some pictures. 
I'm just awkward and have no idea what to do with my hands in these things

There were sweet little islands all down the river.
The one we stopped on had a ropes course thing.


And then oh my gosh.
I saw The Dancing House. 
(aka Fred and Ginger)
I have studied this building so many times it's unreal.
So I took a "dancing" picture in front of it.
#tourist #superswag
that second hashtag just came out. i don't know why. let it happen.

After eating some awesome pizza from the street, we found a hill.
So I demanded we hike it.
I've been hurting for some mountains.

At the top we saw the Eiffel Tower.
jklolhags.
It's the Petrin Lookout. But we climbed all 299 stairs to the top to take in the views.
#beaststatus
It was fabulous.

 These people though.

After wandering through the forest/hill area near the wannabe Eiffel Tower, we came out behind the German Embassy ^^^
There might have been a guard that we avoided.
Just kidding. I talked with him. And wasn't deported. So good news.
ps. bottom left. that statue....? i want it.

Where there's a German Embassy, there must needs be an American one.
MURICA
I felt so close to home.

A love bridge.
Where I found my future...



 

So, like, I'm doing pretty good. Especially since my host sister just asked if she could polish my nails and then spent the next 20 minutes pampering me. Caroline, my expectations for sisterhood have just increased. Rebecca's off the hook because she has a baby, but you should have the spa ready upon my return. 

peace and prague
rrw





4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures. Prauge is one of my favorite places, I am so jealous that you were just there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erica! When have you been here before? I feel like you have had so many awesome experiences. I'm just beginning mine but hope to have more! It was so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. I love your blog, Rachel! So creative and funny :) Glad you're having a wonderful time! The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HILARY!!!!!!!!

      I can't believe this. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. Hahahaha hello! First, thank you for the compliments. Second, I can't wait to see you. Third, how is your life? Fourth, you are awesome.

      GAH! So glad people really do come back. :)

      Delete