Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eavesdropping Entertainment

Today I was sitting in my History class, waiting for the daily quiz to appear. I still had a few minutes, so I was looking over some of my keywords for the class. I wasn't completely focusing and overheard a conversation taking place directly behind me. It was in regards to the most recent campus news, that of the excusal of basketball player Brandon Davies from the BYU team. Here's how it went:

Guy: "I don't know, I think that our team will be ok. I hope that our team will be ok."
Girl: "Yeah, hopefully. He was a pretty key player though."
Guy: "I know. Man, things will be alright though. This is just a trial of our faith."

He was dead serious. 
I lost it. I sat there, laughing, for the next 3 minutes.
Come on guys. I mean, I like a good basketball game as much as the next person, but let's not get our religion confused with a sporting event.

4 comments:

  1. You revamped the blog! I like it! Where is the picture from?

    Also, I think you need to take me for a probiotic Jamba... ? Sounds like something from Animorphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a blog. Cool! I'll have to start following.

    As for this post....seriously? Some people! Only at BYU. Good for a laugh though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha i love how jimmer and brandon davies brings byu together.

    ReplyDelete