Monday, April 22, 2013

clarification


This is post is written in an effort to add clarification to confusion, to stifle rumors, and adequately inform any who have asked questions pertaining to previous posts and/or pictures put on this blog. This is all due to my mom asking me why all of my old ward members/leaders/friends who are hip enough to have instagram and nice enough to read this blog were asking if I was engaged.

I am not engaged.

While everyone and their dog is getting engaged and married this fine spring/summer season it's like 101 Dalmatians up in here, I am not. I am involved with a few weddings because I love my friends, hence the pictures of me with wedding dresses, poofy hairnet things, and hashtags like #shoppingforaweddingdress and #tistheseasontobemarried.

Seeing all these wonderful people so happy and excited makes me so happy and excited. In fact, I think I like this position better than actually being engaged because I don't have to do any wedding planning. But I do get to feel like I'm on Say Yes to the Dress and I have an excuse to shop at places that have bright pink boxes and bags. So...it's a win win.


Know what else was a win win? This weekend. So many good things happened and I just had a blast. There was the Egypt Art Festival, The Boys and Girls Club Gala, seeing old friends and bonding over pizza from The Pie, laughing hysterically at stupid memes at 1:30am, seeing the best movie in the world again and then yelling about the significance of the perfect "questioning eyebrow" with my Lindsay-friend. My family played croquet i lost, like i always do tried our hands at "speed croquet," which is the single most terrifying experience I have had in the last 3 and a half years i lost that one too, sat around a fire in the backyard, laughed at the stories of my brother-in-law and his older brother when they were kids, and laughed at our own antics and stupid injuries we've sustained over the years the best were the really bad whiplash i gave myself my looking up at a launching rocket too fast and spencer's use of unpleasant leaves in the wilderness. 

It was a spectacular weekend and ended on the perfect note with emails from across the globe. technology rocks.

Behold.


Art Festival

I don't know how many comments were made about how the camel "is better behaved than her other boyfriend" by random parents standing by while this picture was taken.
....whaaaaa?
Do I even know you?
love that man in the background.

Who knew King Tut had hips?
More of him to love.



Gala

I seriously loved this building.





Design your own basket


I will never understand why anyone would ever want to visit an island that has live dinosaurs on it.
But the fossils are sweet.

 I could curl up in that thing's jaw like a kitten in a cardboard box.



#goodtiming
#chompchomp

This is NOT the dress I was going on about.

We're models.
Obvi.



Peace and finals.

rrw





2 comments:

  1. I'm confused...
    So you're engaged to the man next to the camel?
    The one you you said you "love"
    I look forward to seeing you riding a camel in your wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, NO! Wes, don't confuse people any more than I already have.

      But now that you mention it, a camel would be an excellent touch to a wedding...

      Delete