Monday, April 15, 2013

that awkward moment when


First off, is that ^^ phrase completely overused and entirely out of date yet? Either way, I'm using it as my title for this post. If it is a thing of the past, then I guess this is just another awkward experience that I can add to the following list of moments from my life that have made me and others stop and do a double take.



*Totally tried on a pair of bright green pants no, that's not the awkward part that I am pretty sure were made for left handed people. I abstained from purchasing them simply because I was not ambidextrous enough to get the zipper up.

*Batted my eyelashes ok, just saying that deserves it's own bullet point but oh well at the attractive cashier at In-n-Out only to sit down with my friends and realize I was probably flirting with a high school student. What IS it with me and the younger guys people?

*Walked into a maintenance closet on campus because I thought it was a bathroom. come on, BYU used the same door for EVERY DOOR. 

*Went to my ward for the first time in a month and a half and everybody thought I was a new girl. The not so awkward and mostly awesome part? Getting to reinvent myself to people that knew me last semester. My name is Rachel. I'm originally an Inuit from Alaska with the dream of designing better igloos for my native people using the recycled glass of Mason jars. (That'll make it big on Pinterest) I also enjoy fish calling in my spare time and occasionally travel to Antarctica to compete in polar bear plunges. I'm attending BYU on a full scholarship and Cecil is my uncle.

*Went to my last 7am cycling class this morning and got worked but in a good way and then was given a Krispy Kreme by someone from the class. Entire workout undone in 7.2 seconds. But oh, the joy. The joy. 

*Almost fell asleep standing at the testing center counter because the woman behind the desk had such. a. soothing. voice. Weird? Yes. That's the point.

*Was hugged by a young man 5 minutes after meeting him for the first time at ward prayer again, everyone thought I was a new girl. I think I stepped on his foot on accident. Sorry, I'm just not very good at hugging.

*Army crawled through the grass, mud, and bushes while trying to sneak a few read 176 photos of a proposal. Stained jeans are totally worth that happiness. #shoutout. #youknowwhoyouare #marriageforever #imsingle #iwonderwhy #especiallyafterthispost #hashtagsforever

*Went shopping in the hopes of finding some cute, new, Spring clothing and walked away with sweaters and jeans. Come on, when Banana Republic says "$3 sweater" you say "yes."

*Sat at T.J. Maxx holding a ceramic teapot for a good 13 minutes trying to convince myself that buying it would make sense, because I could serve milk in it with fresh baked cookies. Or juice in the morning with homemade bread. Or just let it be a center piece on the table because the bright colors are just so dang cute. Or I could use it to water my little seed that decided to sprout, proving that I will be a good wife hey boys hey. again, #imsingle. But then I realized that I don't ever make freshly baked cookies let alone bread. who do you think I am, freakin Martha Stewart?!, that my refrigerator has 0 space for a teapot, and that my little-buddy-seed would drown if I were to water it with a teapot. So I held it for another 6 minutes, saying goodbye and fiercely eyeing anyone who came near it. I will find you again, little teapot.

*The fact that I just talked to a teapot right up there ^^^



peace and prayers for Boston.

rrw







1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya on the younger guys thing sista friend: http://justjannette.blogspot.com/2011/08/just-call-me-cougar.html

    ReplyDelete