Monday, June 3, 2013

welcome to june


Taylor Swift came to Salt Lake and it was a big deal and lives were changed and tears were shed.

In other, less important news, I went on an adventure Saturday morning because I woke up and felt super antsy. I learned how to navigate American Fork probably not as difficult as i was making it discovered that you have to pay to go up the canyon there, was totally turned off by that, decided to hike for free somewhere in the wilderness, did so, and came up with a life plan in case I were to get bit by a rattlesnake and have to have a leg amputated. the things i think about when i hike. i tell ya. it's deep.

Then I helped a friend move, packed for next week's vacation, forgot my swimming suits i ALWAYS forget something. at least it wasn't underwear this time. #familywillneverletthatgo #sheesh picked up my friend Tracie, and went to Salt Lake. I seriously love that city. We admired all the brides swarming the temple grounds, enjoyed the wonderful weather, and stuffed ourselves at the Lion House Pantry ok, only i did. but you can't say no to one of those rolls and honeybutter. just can't. unless you're Tracie. 

I had a great time showing Tracie the Salt Lake temple, telling her about when I saw the entire Quorum of the 12 and First Presidency there, how to get to the cafeteria, the tiny bathroom and super cool doorhandles. You know, all the important stuff. I realized I had missed that temple more than I thought. It was great to be back. 

Then we relaxed in the hammock at my parents home, I talked with an old friend on the phone loving this whole missionary-coming-home thing that's going on all summer we did our hair and makeup like we were right out of a cheesy Hairspray or High School Musical movie, and went to a wedding reception with Italian Sodas and really good meatballs. We danced, ate cake, and I met a cool guy going to Ukraine with me in the Fall yesssssssssssss. i'll have a friend there. maybe he'll keep me safe-ish. 

whatever. i'm going to be fine. i got my immunizations today. i'm untouchable. 

We returned to the Weiler residence where we spent time bantering with Caroline and making a new game called "Grab the Flab" easy for me and my dad to play. difficult with Caroline. i mean, LOOK AT HER.


this picture scares me. we all agreed that it was a bad angle and that her legs don't actually look like that. but it's funny to bring up the fact that she looks like a newborn colt in this thing. :) love you caroline. promise.

where was i?

Right. Grab the Flab. Well, after that, Tracie and I went back to Provo and had some good heart to hearts on the drive down.

also, let me clarify that Tracie didn't participate in the Grab the Flab game with us. we're crazy, but not THAT crazy.

The next day I woke up, went to church, was extremely grateful for the things I learned there, got in the car, and made my way back to Salt Lake to have dinner with Spencer and Annie, who just returned from a climbing trip to Greece. yeah. i walked up a hill this weekend. they got nothing on me. They had some fun pictures and videos to show us. We even figured out how to show them on the TV without the help of Wes, our technology guru. we missed you burninghams. 

After sitting on the red couches in our basement - which are things of beauty and wonder and are not allowed to leave our ownership ever - we were all challenged to a game of croquet by Spencer. That was entertaining. Mainly because Spencer got a ton of lucky shots and overreacted with his celebratory dances and electric guitar moves on the croquet mallet. It's normal. But really, it is.

It was the perfect weekend to sendoff May 2013 and welcome June 2013. I have such a good life, you know?


Oh, and in case you didn't know, Taylor Swift came to Salt Lake City. It was a big deal.

peace and peanut butter cookies
made and ate all of those with the fam.

rrw



PS. Want to feel bad about the amount of physical activity you do each day? Click here to read about my brother and sister in law.

To specifically read about their trip to Greece click here.

They had a professional photographer or something with them there. I can't wait to see those photos. You better believe I'll link those up when they come. So...stay tuned.

Here's a teaser from Spence's blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment