Wednesday, May 8, 2013

next top model


I've been looking forward to this post for a long time aka since monday and I'll probably read through it enough times to make the "number of times viewed" statistic skyrocket from the usual 7 per post to about 381.

I laughed while we were snapping photos, I laughed when I went through the photos, I laughed when I thought of the idea for a post, I laughed as I typed, and I'm laughing now in anticipation. And that is why I blog. Because behind all the typing and editing and photo-ing and html-ing I'm usually laughing.
just so you know. because like, i knew you wanted to.

So now I give you...


Lindsay vs. Rachel: Battle of the Poses

The Door Frame




While Lindsay opts for the sultry stare, slightly pursed lips and flattering leg bend with gentle hands, I opt for the pigeon-toed, "I have to hold the wall up and look how surprised I am about that" look while making myself look 5 inches shorter than normal, because we all know that tall models are overrated. 



The Face Shot 



Embracing my inner eagle, I fly towards the camera with the majesty of the wind in my hair as I taste victory in the air. Somewhat surprised by the intimate distance of the lens, Lindsay kept it together and also worked the casual breeze while showing a small grin that hints to something more behind those long, hooded lashes. maybe the stroller is hers?



The Arch



Is that Superwoman? No, just Lindsay looking off into the distance, challenging any trouble maker on a segway to dare cross her steamy eyes and akimbo arms. While she's protecting the land, I bring out my inner Princess Diaries and pop my foot, waiting for my Prince Charming to get back from wherever the heck he went. i'm holding the pose until he gets here.



The Brick Pillar Lean



Lindsay seems to have a secret in this Secret Garden as she casually leans against the brick pillar, eyeing the camera with a certain sweetness that makes you wonder where she's been and where she's going. I chose the shoulder slump and laugh to show how comfortable I am against the hard brick while I stand on my ankle, proving my flexibility in difficult situations.



The Double Double 






In this double whammy both contestants attempt to connect to nature. I go for the "Sound of Music" look while I dance to the music of the hills. they must be playing "Baby" by jbeibs. Lindsay seems to take a Pocahontas spin on the theme, letting the colors of the wind paint beautiful pictures in her windswept hair as she takes the form of a diving swan.


In the end, Tyra called us both up. Look for us on the next cover of Elle Magazine. 

peace and posing

rrw




*additional pictures. 
#itsforfun -to be said in a nacho libre voice.

It's the attack of the apes.
do i really walk like that? 
i hope so

Can-Can at the Colosseum
it's what i kept calling this wooden structure. 
i mean, look at those arches.

Sassy hips.

My model strut.
Obviously.

Wait, where are my hips?

Ok.
...whatever.

Basking.




Man, if I were into those cheesy quotes on friendship I'd totes put one here. Love this girl.
#sisterwivesforever





1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! It was fun meeting you the other night at the roundtable!

    ReplyDelete