Tuesday, May 14, 2013

songs and southern utah


This last weekend I sat with two of my friends and discussed the details of an upcoming road trip/campout. Obviously the topic of playlists came up. My friends have sophisticated and hipster-like taste in their music. I sat there, saying "I've never heard of them before" after every band name.

I've always been this way. It used to stress me out like nothing else because knowing music and bands was a sign of how cool you were. Until I was about 17 the only music I knew was the soundtracks to Swan Princess, Brother Bear, Harry Potter, and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron holla atcha Phil Collins and Bryan Adams.  what's up Hedwig's Theme!? Now, I still consider these arrangements works of art and will gladly jam to "Get Off My Back" at any time and any place, but I've also tried to branch out into the "real world of music" and have found like I don't mind it too much.

So here are a few of my favorites from the "real world."

Heartbreaker-MSTRKRFT



Isn't southern Utah beautiful?
Looking forward to it.

picture taken during our time spent in Zion National Park over Easter
ps. don't ever go to Zion's over Easter.
hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people.
everywhere.
hiking really slow.
the only reason this photo turned out is because someone has mad camera skills.
jklolhags
but really. 
i don't know how there wasn't another person in this.
pps. look. at. her. legs.


peace and playlists

rrw





1 comment: