Monday, May 6, 2013

to the happy couple!


As I have mentioned before and as everyone who doesn't live under a rock has realized wedding season is upon us! Photos are up. Temples are booked. Decorations are being planned. Announcements are arriving. Dresses are being hemmed. Travel arrangements are being solidified. Twinkle lights are selling like Lays new Chicken and Waffles flavored chip. seriously, i have not been able to find me a bag of those...ever! and i've desperately wanted to taste them.

Last Friday I was teaching a friend how to drive stick shift and convinced her to take the practice out on the streets of Provo. We ended up near Rock Canyon Park. Our eyes were drawn to a house up on the hill that was so lit up I think Matthew would have been proud. (Matt 5:14). We decided we wanted in on whatever it was that was happening there and, serendipitously, we were already wearing our Sunday best. So we parked the car and walked right in, trying to appear like we belonged among the rich and famous.

It was one of the most beautiful wedding receptions I have ever been too. The home on the hill overlooked all of Provo. probably because the people who own the home own most of Provo too. second to the LDS Church, of course. The man-made creek was perfectly accented with pictures of the couple and lit with lovely little candles. Trellises and awnings were softly glowing with the perfectly placed lighting. The wedding dresses of the mother and grandmother hung in places of honor, connecting the generations of family together with class.

The view from the incredible infinity pool was breathtaking, only paling in comparison to the delicious ice cream sandwich bar, where caterers took your order and made a personal treat just for you. The selection of cookies ranged from chocolate chip to snickerdoodle to caramel apple. One could mix and match the top and bottom of their cookies, filling the inside with dependable vanilla or branching out to mint or toffee or strawberry or chocolate. The unlimited supply of bottled soda was surprisingly delicious, forcing me to the conclusion that they must have paid to put a heavy dose of happiness in each of them.

It was a wonderful atmosphere. It was a delicious treat. It was the perfect dancing playlist. The couple was beautiful.
if only i'd known who they were....

I enjoyed myself thoroughly.



The best cookies I have ever tasted.
But I kind of think every cookie I eat is that way soo...


Wait, was this wedding for me?

I'd swim in that.




I don't know what is was but these root beers were just magnificent.


So now that I've decided to take up wedding crashing, you better watch out for me at your next big shindig. I'll probably be there, whether you invited me or not.

And if, on the off chance that someone from this wedding reads this, thank you for being the kindest hosts to the two girls you didn't know.


peace and tulips.
coming up in the next post.

rrw





No comments:

Post a Comment